Mobile Contact Bar is a compact and highly customizable plugin, which allows your visitors to contact you directly via mobile phones, or access your site’s pages instantly.
The settings page is available under the Settings → Mobile Contact Bar menu in the WordPress dashboard.
- Icons for social media, call-to-actions, or any links to web pages
- Simple and intuitive styling with the aid of the Real-time Model
- Built-in icon picker with Font Awesome 5 integration
- Customizable URLs using query string parameters
- No data collection from your website’s visitors
- Super easy to use, no coding required!
- Scroll to Top of the page
- WooCommerce Cart with Item Counter
- Twenty Twenty-Two
- Twenty Twenty-One
- Twenty Twenty
- Twenty Nineteen
- Twenty Seventeen
- Twenty Sixteen
- Twenty Fifteen
- Twenty Fourteen
- Twenty Thirteen
- Twenty Twelve
- Twenty Eleven
- Twenty Ten
First time Mobile Contact Bar user
Thank you for choosing Mobile Contact Bar! In order to create your bar, simply activate the plugin and visit the plugin’s page by clicking on MCB Contact Bar in your left navigation menu.
Once the plugin page loads, open the Bar box, choose the Display on Devices option, select the device type to enable the bar and then press the Save Changes button at the top of the page.
Mobile Contact Bar will automatically create a default bar with a couple of buttons for you.
Adding buttons to your bar
To add more buttons to your bar, open the Button List box, find a particular list item, select the checkbox, customize the icon and fill in the URI field.
In order to add more buttons, click on the New Button or on one of the icons at the top of the list.
Positioning and styling your bar
To set options for bar (positions, colors, borders, width, height, space, placeholder, etc.), open the Bar box and check the changes on the Real-time Model.
Open the Icons, Badges, or Toggle box and set options for icons, badges, or toggle, respectively.
1. if the toggle is activated, then the plugin has an option for saving the toggle state in a cookie, and
You have full control over the single cookie which is called mobile_contact_bar_toggle.
Cleaning the cache
If your site is chached via a caching plugin such as WP Fastest Cache or Cache Enabler, then it is important to clean those caches after the Contact Bar has been enabled.
Also, if you disable the Contact Bar then the caches need to be cleaned again.
Contributors & Developers
“Mobile Contact Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- [Add] Add viber protocol viber-chat, how-to-add-viber-button
- [Fix] Let the + sign be optional in tel and sms protocols telephone-remove
- [Fix] Decode / encode query string e-mail-body
- [Update] Font Awesome 5.15.4
- [Fix] Missing contact field “checked” notice
- [Fix] Add
rel="noopener"for links opening in new tab links-to-cross-origin-destinations-are-unsafe
- [Fix] Do not show meta boxes on foreign pages menu-bar-settings-appearing-for-ohter-users-than-admin
- [Fix] Domain Path
- [Fix] License version
- [Fix] Requires at least has been changed to 4.6
- [Fix] Add padding zero to toggle
- [Fix] Add margin and padding to list items
- [Update] Font Awesome 5.13.0
- [Fix] Forgotten log message in source your-update-just-broke-my-site
- [Fix] Extracted cookie into an option Toggle:Cookie
- [Fix] Restored Bar:Opacity option a-few-more-minor-things-in-2-0
- [Update] Font Awesome 5.0.13
- [Upgrade] Reimplement plugin with new options in the database
- [Upgrade] Font Awesome 5.0.12 can-add-support-fontawesome-v5-0-8
- [Add] UI for managing contacts and details (add, delete, modify) a-couple-of-more-feature-suggestions
- [Add] Option for setting label on the toggle a-couple-of-more-feature-suggestions
- [Add] Option for adding space above/below the bar contact-bar-overlaying-footer-credits-on-site, position, hidding-menu
- [Add] Storing toggle state in a cookie toggle-state, toggle-issue
- [Add] WhatsApp a-couple-of-feature-ideas, whatsapp-chat
- [Add] WooCommerce Cart with Item Counter action a-couple-of-feature-ideas
- [Fix] Bar width and bar alignment issues
- [Add] Option for setting bar width bar-width-2
- [Add] Icon for Instagram no-instagram-icon
- [Fix] Plugin upgrade on network
- [Test] Tested up to WordPress 4.9
- [Add] Icon for texting (sms) text-with-pre-filled-option
- [Fix] array_filter() issue
- [Fix] array_filter() issue
- [Fix] Empty arrays issues
- [Add] UI for sorting contacts
- [Add] Option for setting subject, body, cc, bcc of email add-subject-and-body-to-email
- [Add] Refreshed option page UI using meta boxes
- [Fix] Prepared plugin for localization
- [Fix] Sanitized phone number and add a plus sign (+) prefix
- [Update] Font Awesome 4.7.0
- [Fix] Left aligned icons in the CSS does-your-plugin-support-the-hemingway-theme
- [Update] Font Awesome 4.6.3
- [Fix] Admin styles
- [Fix] Public styles
- [Update] Font Awesome 4.6.1
- [Add] Option for Bar:Opening links in a new tab no-instagram-icon
- [Fix] Improved setting and contact validation (sanitization)
- [Fix] Set the default value of the fixed bar position to true
- [Fix] Removed obsolated workarounds
- [Upgrade] Official release
- [Fix] Default option issue during network activation
- [Add] Initial release